Hand Tool House Ltd is committed to the protection of the personal information of its customers and other persons who may have dealings with Hand Tool House. Hand Tool House observes the provisions of the Privacy Act and has put in place procedures and policies to ensure protection of your personal information.
Collection of your personal information
Hand Tool House generally collects information from you in-store, via phone, email, website and postal order. The information collected includes:
- your name
- email address
- phone and facsimile numbers
- order details
- billing and delivery addresses
- other incidental information required for ordering, payment and delivery of products ordered from Hand Tool House.
The information is collected for the purposes of responding to your queries, supplying you with requested information on products and the ordering and delivery of products to you. If you provide incomplete or inaccurate information, we may be unable to process your orders with Hand Tool House or it may affect delivery of products to you.
If you consent (by way of registering for our Mailing List or electing to receive Promotional Materials from Hand Tool House when registering your online account) we may use your personal information to keep you informed about special offers, sales, events and new products offered by us or our suppliers. If you do not wish to receive this information, you may unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe link from any emails received or by contacting us by phone on 07 847 4994.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Hand Tool House treats all information held about customers as strictly confidential. Information about customers is not sold, rented or traded for any purposes. Hand Tool House do not disclose personal information to any overseas recipient and does not disclose information about you unless:
- the disclosure is required for product warranty registration;
- the disclosure is required by law;
- the disclosure of the information is necessary to obtain legal or accounting advice to protect the company's interests or your interests. Our solicitors and accountants are under an obligation to keep such information confidential;
- the disclosure is necessary for debt recovery functions;
- the disclosure is necessary to conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- the disclosure is required to carry out our obligations to you, for example: to freight and transport companies in order to arrange delivery of products for you at your request;
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
Security of Personal Information
Hand Tool House is committed to ensuring that your personal information remains secure. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.Hand Tool House endeavours to ensure all information it holds is up to date and accurate. We recommend you advise us of any changes in the personal information details held by us and we will use all reasonable efforts to keep your personal information up to date and accurate.
You can change the details held by us in one of the following ways:
- update your details via your Online Account:
- contact our Sales Team on 07 847 4994;
- using the contact us tab:
- speak to a member of staff in our store.
Use of our Website
Personal Information Complaints Handling
If you have a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, please contact our General Manager by phoning 07 8474994 or completing our Contact Us form. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, then you may contact the Privacy Commissioner. Contact details for the Privacy Commissioner are available on the Privacy Commissioner's website on www.privacy.org.nz.